TinyPirate, aka, Peter, is a geek from Wellington, New Zealand. He has an interest in politics, games, tech and Dwarf Fortress. Peter wrote “Getting Started with Dwarf Fortress”, described as the best introduction to the most complex game ever made.
Get my book from O’Reilly!
FAQQ. Won't the book get out of date?
A. No, O'Reilly ebook owners get updates for free for life as the game changes and I edit the manuscript. Others can register their book at O'Reilly.com for $5.
Q. Does Toady, the designer, approve?
A. It was Toady who suggested O'Reilly contact me to write the book when they were looking for an author, and he wrote the foreword. He's a big fan!
Q. Does Toady get a cut of profits? A. I am making donations to Toady each month based on my own royalties. Toady will also benefit from the donations brought by all the new players!
Webcast!Watch my O'Reilly webcast on engineering, minecarts and design in Dwarf Fortress.
- Ultraviolence from @10tonsLtd - action packed and rewarding - let's have a look at it! youtu.be/LNJ7_UcdSq0?a 7 hours ago
- @timhwang @tehgringe good times! twitter.com/tayzonday/stat… 12 hours ago
- @_L_A_B_S_ Hi guys! Where can I send an email? Feel free to DM me :) 12 hours ago
- Again, fantastic work by #pbp17 to highlight the NZ game dev scene! Looking forward to #pbp18 already! twitter.com/playbyplayfest… 22 hours ago
- @Alan_Au And every sprawling town is supported by approximately 3 farms and a cow. Yes, I know scale realism might… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago